The Environmental Air Specialist supports MCBU by providing air subject matter expertise, including compliance and day to day support.
Responsibilities include state and federal regulation applicability determinations; permitting; review of proposed operational changes to ensure compliance; preparation of compliance documents for submittal to regulatory agencies; providing guidance to the facility on how to maintain and document compliance, and air emission calculations. Participates in the implementation of new or modified US Federal, State, Local and/or Tribal environmental regulations. The role requires effective engagement and relationships with all functions.
- Environmental Air Permitting
- Environmental Air Compliance
- Technical Environmental Air Support including reading and interpreting regulations and calculating air emissions using generally accepted calculation methods and models.
- Experience as an environmental air consultant a plus.
- Communication Skills- Able to simplify complicated regulatory information so that it is easily understood. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of three years of air experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Able to manage priorities and meet deadlines related to regulatory requirements.
- Technical Skills – Solid technical understanding of environmental regulations related to environmental air, especially in Texas and New Mexico. Colorado a plus.
- Able to provide direction to facilities regarding their implementation and documentation procedures for air programs.
- Organizational Ability- Able to maintain all program documents including permit applications, analytical data, records, and electronic files in good order.
- Air permitting and emissions estimations knowledge/experience for emission sources common to the oil and gas industry.
- Operational Excellence – Knowledge of and experience implementing programs/processes for OE Environmental Stewardship Expectations.
- Experience in interpreting and complying with environmental regulations and implementing programs/procedures for sustained compliance.
- Technical savvy with Microsoft Excel and otherwise desired.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS in engineering or HES related discipline or similar required (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Midland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A