Chevron is accepting online applications for the Environmental Technician position through November 22nd, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone).
The Environmental Technician is a critical position for maintaining environmental compliance within the refinery. Key functions of this role are reporting, communication, monitoring, and data gathering.
- Support daily compliance with Refinery monitoring of environmental variables and permit conditions. This can include daily review of process variables and trends and reporting of any monitor malfunctions or permit excesses.
- Performs error-free work on documents, forms, and reports, employing quality reviews to verify data and identify gaps and outlier values.
- Provide back-up and vacation coverage for other HES technicians, including, reviewing and analyzing monitoring data, performing calculations, and preparing reports.
- Support HES specialist work, including but not limited to: querying databases to acquire and process data, reviewing and interpreting laboratory results, or generating reports using software tools.
- Prepare routine reports and communications for submittal to agencies, as required by Refinery permits and regulations. These can include both air and water media and require routine calculations.
- Interact with Agencies such as the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) to respond to inquiries and requests to clarify information. May interact with outside vendors, such as source testing companies or laboratories, who provide services to the Environmental group.
- Demonstrated QA/QC experience analyzing data to identify errors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Demonstrated ability to reliably produce error-free work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Outlook or other database tools.
- Demonstrated Self Starter
- Demonstrated ability to build, interpret, and troubleshoot large Microsoft Excel spreadsheets utilizing formulas to analyze data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Sphera Essential Suites database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or science background
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance or related fields.
- Experience working with Index to trend/monitor operating parameters.
- Fundamental understanding of analyzers and calibration of equipment or similar experience.
- Mathematical background, correcting analyzer readings, understanding of formulas in spreadsheets, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A