Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through 11/20/2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Petroleum Engineering Technologist position is responsible for supporting Chevron’s Gulf of Mexico’s (GOM) Deepwater asset development and reservoir management efforts.
- Provide data analytics support using advanced data visualization and analysis tools (e.g. Spotfire and /or Power BI) for the “owned” solutions and other petroleum engineering data requests.
- Serve as the GOM Solution Owner for critical engineering applications (Kappa, IWPT-Integrated Well Productivity Management Tool and IAM – Integrated Asset Management) and deliver the solution(s) vision and business value goal by ensuring data integrity and prioritization of solution upgrades and enhancements to meet the end user needs.
- Leverage a general understanding of key data systems (OSI PI, BI for GOM/Energy Components) and applications (PETEX IPM/IVM, OFM, INTERSECT) that interface with “owned” solutions to deliver value thru integrated workflows.
- Ability to excel in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work independently
- Capability of using a data analytics tool (e.g Spotfire and/or Power BI)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 5 years of related work experience
- General understanding of key data systems (OSI PI, BI for GOM/Energy Components) and applications (PETEX IPM/IVM, OFM, INTERSECT)
- Working knowledge of applied digital technologies and fundamental petroleum engineering data
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Technical degree in applied Math, Computer Science or Engineering Technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: United, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A