Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Terminal Operator located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, through November 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Train and certify new drivers on LPS and loading operations as directed.
- Assure compliance with all operating procedures, operating requirements, and Safe Work Practices by anyone who comes into the facility.
- Maintain terminal records as directed. For example: Stock Control, Waste/regulatory and Additive inventory
- Execute preventative maintenance plan.
- Performs inspections and maintenance to ensure proper operation, and environmental integrity. Schedule, direct and/or perform maintenance activities as needed.
- Perform various terminal tasks that may come up in the course and scope of a Terminal Operator’s job
- May coordinate with Supply Schedulers, suppliers and transporters for all products.
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, participating in Loss Prevention System and being prepared to respond to any type of incident.
- Perform activities in the tank yard and Tank Truck Loading Rack (TTLR) areas. For Example: Gauging Tanks, switching tanks serving TTLR, performing daily inspections and performing intra-terminal product movements.
- Perform Inventory Reconciliation
- Assist Head Terminal Operator in training contractors on LPS and applicable SWP’s as directed.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime to support terminal operations, and respond to emergency situations when they arise.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new CBT packages.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance repairs (mechanically inclined)
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and working on top of product storage tanks over 20 feet high, and lift 30-35 pounds.
- Able to operate sophisticated fuel automation and computer systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Plant Terminal Operator Experience 2 years preferred
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written. Good Organizational skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A