Chevron is the largest onshore producer in California, producing from six assets using both steam and waterfloods. Chevron is also a benchmark leader among peers in California and continues to improve margins through in-field development, optimization, and innovation.
- The Project Facility Engineer (FE) is responsible for delivering quality facility projects, from alternative analysis through commissioning and start-up, on schedule and within budget.
- The Project FE position manages an average of 10 projects at a time.
- The project scopes range from facilities to support new well packages, as well as optimization and expansion projects in existing oil, water, and gas plants.
- The Project FE performs both basic engineering to support the projects and assures technical quality of engineering consultant’s design deliverables. This position actively partners with process engineers, construction, operations, and subsurface development teams to assure their project planning and execution efforts meet business objectives.
- In addition, the Project FE is responsible for ensuring projects align with all safety, technical, and project processes.
- Proven ability to influence, engage and facilitate work groups, especially in managing interfaces with engineering consultants, construction, operations and subsurface development. Effective verbal and written skills in all interactions.
- The position will require up to 10% local travel in the San Joaquin Valley.
- Demonstrated strength in project management fundamentals and being able to right-size project management depending on project complexity. Experience completing engineering designs and completing design reviews.
- Proven ability to influence, engage, and facilitate work groups, especially in managing interfaces with engineering consultants, construction, operations, and subsurface development. Effective verbal and written skills in all interactions.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in upstream or downstream facilities projects.
- Ability to understand process safety risk, develop risk-based solutions, and effectively convey to business impact to all levels of the organization (e.g. from operations to senior leadership).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Chemical).
- Demonstrated ability to manage many different, simultaneous efforts at once and prioritize on work with most business impact. Demonstrated ability to understand and deliver to minimum requirements for success and to eliminate non-value added work. Demonstrated quick learning, initiative, and follow through to ensure delivery of intended value of a project.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with Hysys, Pipephase or PHA.
- API Codes and Standards.
- Oil and gas upstream facility industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A