Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Material Controller 1 located in Richmond, CA through November 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Materials Controller is responsible for procurement related activities of all Refinery related parts, materials, equipment and supplies in order to meet the business needs associated with Chevron’s operations and maintenance practices.
- Must be able to perform general warehousing functions, such as assisting in and executing cycle counts, checking stock, loading and unloading of trucks, and general work necessary to insure good housekeeping and safe warehouse operations.
- Must have the ability to operate mobile equipment including hand, power and lift trucks; all lifting equipment (except that operated by Motor Transport personnel), scales, hand tools, power tools; Automobiles or Pickup trucks as required.
- Must currently have or be able to certify on Fork Lift Operation
- Must have the ability to create and work within a high‑performing work team. The ability to use communication skills to problem solve, negotiate and build rapport with team members and clients/customers.
- Must be able to work swing shift during shut downs and or turnarounds
- Must have a Minimum of 3 years Material Controlling experience.
- Must be able to receive, Identify, Inspect (non-technical PMI), tallies, stow and check condition of material and equipment from vendors, field operations or Investment Recovery. Prepare necessary documents to indicate quantity and quality of materials received.
- Previous Industrial Procurement Material Controlling experience.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Prior Ariba, Maximo and SAP user experience.
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and Procurement related issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A